Distillery District 2022 Winter Village
Everything You Need to Know About the 2022 Toronto Christmas Market
The Distillery District 2022 Winter Village (formerly known as the Toronto Christmas Market) officially begins on November 17th, 2022! Our team has put together a list of all the details you need to know before visiting.
What Can I Expect at the the 2022 Winter Village?
The 2022 Distillery District Winter Village is almost here. If you’re used to the Distillery District Christmas Market, things might feel a little different this time around. What can you expect? You’ll enjoy slightly smaller crowds, live music AND a New Year’s Eve fireworks display. On top of that, there are multiple events and special activities to discover. Below, find out when/where to buy your 2022 Winter Village tickets, public transit, parking and every other detail to make your trip to the Distillery District memorable.
- November 17: Tree Lighting Ceremony and Official Start of The Distillery Winter Village
- November 18 to December 31, 2022: Duration of The Distillery Winter Village
- December 24, 25, 26: Winter Village is closed for Christmas Holidays
- December 31, 2022: New Year’s Eve Celebration
Hours of Operation
- The Distillery Winter Village does not operate on Mondays (but you can still visit the neighbourhood for free!)
- Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday: 12:00pm to 9:00pm
- Friday and Saturday: 12:00pm to 10:00pm
- Sunday: 12:00pm to 9:00pm
- Special Holiday Hours:
- December 24, 25, 26: Winter Village will not operate
- December 27, 28, 29: 12:00pm to 9:00pm
- December 30: 12:00pm to 10:00pm
- December 31: 12:00pm to 12:00am
Buy Tickets for the Distillery District 2022 Winter Village
In prior years, the Toronto Christmas Market was only ticketed during peak periods. In 2022, the Distillery Winter Village is ticketed during peak hours to help improve foot traffic flow and ensure event capacity limits aren’t exceeded. You can purchase tickets at the Distillery Winter Village site.
When Do I Need a Ticket?
- Ticketed entrance times:
- November 17 to December 26, 2022:
- Fridays & Saturdays: 4:00pm to 10:00pm
- Sundays: 4:00pm to 9:00pm
- December 27 to December 31, 2022:
- Tickets required daily after 4:00pm
- December 31: NYE Event, 4:00pm to 12:00am
- Tickets required for 4:00pm onward
- November 17 to December 26, 2022:
All Dis tickets are cashless and digital. Buy your tickets at the Distillery District Winter Village website.
Tickets are $11 + HST/Service Charge, and free for children under 9 years of age.
How to Get to the 2022 Winter Village: Parking, Transit, Micromobility
From the Winter Village website:
To ensure your travel to and from The Distillery Winter Village is hassle-free and full of cheer, we’ve put together a complete list of options to help you plan your visit.
With construction and condo development in the area, parking is very limited. The best way to travel to The Distillery Winter Village is to take Public Transit, Micromobility, or use the easily accessible Distillery District Bike Share Toronto stations. Bike Share stations on Mill Street and Trinity Street connect directly to bike lanes on Mill Street.
If you do intend to drive, here’s a list of Green P parking lots in the vicinity. (The lot at 2 Church Street/St. Lawrence Market usually has plenty of space and is only a 15-minute walk away).
Where to Shop
With over 75 retailers and 10+ restaurants in the Distillery District, there’s something for everyone! Almost all of the Distillery District’s shops and retailers are open during Winter Village hours, so plan accordingly. Get the full list of retailers here.
And of course you can always take a tour with us. Reserve your tour and get free entry to the Winter Village during paid ticket times.
We’ll see you at the Distillery District 2022 Winter Village!